This basketball ballhandling and passing drill improves chest passing, bounce passing and player communication. Watch the full video demonstration inside the FREE Basketball Blueprint app!
Players form a star with 5 points at distance where all players can make good passes to any player in the star. 1 ball in the star and 1 on the baseline.
1. Player 1 makes a chest pass to Player 3 and runs to Player 3’s spot.
2. Player 3 makes a chest pass to Player 5 and runs to Player 5’s spot.
3. Player 5 makes a chest pass to Player 2 and runs to Player 2’s spot.
4. Player 2 makes a chest pass to Player 4 and runs to Player 4’s spot.
5. Player 4 makes a chest pass to Player 1 and runs to Player 1’s spot.
6. For simplicity, player always makes a pass to the 2nd person their right and follows their pass to take that person’s spot.
7. Once comfortable introduce a 2nd ball, or a layup instead of a pass to the player under the hoop.
If players are unable to make crisp passes due to distance, move the lines closer together so that focus is on form and fundamentals.
Once players have established comfort and rhythm, change passes to bounce passes, include layups and time how many passes can be completed in a 1 minute period.
Watch the full video demonstration inside the Basketball Blueprint app! (FREE)