I’m often asked for suggestions for suggestions for new [tag]basketball passing drills[/tag]. Here’s a [tag]basketball[/tag] [tag]drill[/tag] from Tom that will pay huge dividends with your team.
Three Man Weave Touch The Three Point Line Lay-up Drill.
The goal is to encourage proper angles taken to the basket as well as good passing. It also expends a great deal of energy.
- The players form three lines at half court.
- Next they complete a three man weave.
- As the last [tag]pass[/tag] is being received by the player completing the lay-up the opposite players touch the corner three point lines.
- The person on the right [tag]rebounds[/tag] the ball before it hits the court and hands it off to the other player coming from the opposite direction.
- This can continue until they reach a certain amount of [tag]lay-ups[/tag] without missing.
Just reverse the direction at the start of the three man weave to work both right and left hand lay-ups.
My players love this drill.