Today, we’re going to discuss why it’s actually a good idea to teach zone defenses during your basketball practices.
A lot of coaches don’t want to teach zone defense, but there are many reasons why it’s a good idea to go over it during basketball practice, including:
- If you have a small gym
- It protects your players who are in foul trouble
- If you’re playing against a team with a big player and you don’t have one, you can throw a zone against them and neutralize that opposing, big player
- It can help in a small team versus a big team situation
- You can get excellent rebounding position
- You can go into your transition very easily
- It’s easy to teach
Do you think you’ll start teaching zone defense during basketball practice?
If you liked this video, don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for even more coaching tips and pointers!