Players work on shooting while under defensive pressure.
- Split your team into groups of four.
- One shooter stands at the free throw line.
- Three defenders stand under the basket.
- The first defender has the ball
How it Works
- First defender passes to the shooter, then runs out to the free throw line to close out
- The shooter catches and shoots under pressure
- The defender gets the rebound and goes to the back of the defender line
- The second defender passes to the shooter and closes out
- Repeat, with the same player shooting, for 60 seconds. Then rotate one of the defenders to the shooter spot
- The close out should be fast, but under control and balanced, chopping the feet as you approach the shooter
- The defender should get his hands up to bother the shot but avoid jumping or lunging
- Players should be throwing “bullet passes” not “rainbow passes.