Give this [tag]shooting drill[/tag] a try at your next practice.
– Player 1 stands at the baseline with the ball, and Player 2 stands at half court
– Player 1 makes a baseball pass to Player 2
– Player 1 sprints up the court as Player 2 slowly rolls the ball towards the opposite basket
– Player 1 must catch the ball before it goes out of bounds. He then gathers himself and shoots the ball
– Player 1 gets his own rebound and both players cross to the other side of the court
– Steps 1-4 are repeated on the opposite side of the court. This time, when Player 1 catches the ball, he must make an offensive move and take on dribble before shooting
– Players reverse roles and repeat the drill