Improves hand-eye coordination and helps players break the habit of staring at the ball when dribbling.
- Two players line up approximately 5 to 10 feet apart from each other anywhere on the court.
- Each pair has a basketball.
- One player is also holding a tennis ball.
How it Works
- Both players begin by dribbling the basketball with their strong hand
- On the coach’s signal, toss the tennis ball from one partner to the other both players maintain their dribble
- Continue to toss the ball back and forth for 30-60 seconds
- Switch hands and repeat
- Increase the difficulty of this drill by giving a tennis ball to both players and have them toss it simultaneously
- If a duo completes 2 consecutive passes, then can take a step back. Make it a contest – can anyone get 10 in a row?