This intermediate ballhandling drill is one of the most popular dribbling drills taught to youth basketball players.
How it Works
- Start dribbling low down by your left ankle.
- Dribble the ball through your legs, switching around to the other hand and going around the other leg.
- Continue dribbling around both legs, with the ball following a figure 8 pattern around both legs, switching hands as needed.
- Keep your knees bent and your back straight.
- Experiment with different dribble heights – see what maximum and minimum number of dribbles you can do around each leg.