This is a great dribbling and passing drill that works on the exchange and communicating between exchanges.
How it Works
- Line up 3 to 5 feet from your partner. Each of you has two basketballs.
- Start out by rhythm dribbling all four balls in unison.
- When you’re ready, say “switch”.
- Partner A Will bounce pass the ball in his left hand to Partner B’s right hand. Partner B will bounce pass the ball in his right hand to Partner A’s right hand.
- Continue dribbling the second ball during the exchange.
- When you’re ready, say “switch!” and complete another exchange.
- Repeat for 30 seconds.
- Communicate with your partner to make sure the balls don’t collide on the exchange.
- You can also do the exchange after a set number of dribbles (instead of the verbal command).
- Make it easier: Have players set the balls on the court and roll them to each other on a count of 3.
- Make it harder: Allow only one rhythm dribble between each exchange.