Players learn the footwork for performing a front turn (or front pivot)
- Players form two lines â€“ one on each side of the lane
How it Works
1. Coach says, â€œReady.â€
2. Players get into Triple Threat Position.
3. Coach says, â€œGo.â€
4. Players execute a direct drive and run to theÂ free throw line.
5. At free throw line, the player executes two front turns in succession.
6. Player then runs to halfcourt.
7. When all players reach halfcourt, players turn and run the drill back to the baseline.
- A front turn leads with the toes, while a rear turn leads with the heel
- Player should stay low and level on the turn. He shouldnâ€™t raise up.
- Player should lift heel on pivot foot and rotate on the balls of his feet
- Throw a quick, tight punch with opposite hand to generate momentum for the turn.