This drill will teach players to maintain a good, balanced body position while dribbling, with the feet shoulder-width apart.
How it Works
- Starting with your right hand, dribble the ball toward the center of your body as though you’re making a crossover move, then back out towards your right side.
- During the in/out dribble, the ball should make a circular motion as it moves from in to out.
- After the in/out dribble, crossover from your right hand to your left hand.
- Make an in/out dribble with your left hand, then crossover to your right hand.
- Repeat for 30 seconds.
- Use your imagination. Picture when and how you would use this dribble move.
- Make it easier: Remove the crossover from the drill and just focus on dribbling with one hand.
- Make it harder: Lower your dribble and increase the speed.