How it Works
- Players spread out, with a couple of feet between them, facing the coach who has a basketball.
- Players will react to commands from the coach accordingly.
- Slapping the ball queues the players to get in their defensive stance. From then on a second slap will queue the players to chop their feet as fast as they can.
- The coach can also pump fake, queueing the players to step up and contest without leaving their feet.
- Lastly, the coach can yell out “Loose Ball” – all the players should dive forward, with the coach rolling the ball to one.
- Pointing left means shuffle right, pointing right means shuffle left, back means come forward, and forward means the defenders should shuffle back.
- Make it harder: Go the full 5 minutes without a break.
- Make it easier: Cut the drill time down to 2 minutes with a 1 minute break after.