Basketball is a game of length. This drill works on lengthening the dribble.
- Drill starts on one sideline, goes to the other sideline and back. There are three rounds to the drill.
How it Works
- Round 1: one hand speed dribble. Push the ball out in front of you and go from sideline to sideline as fast as possible.
- Round 2: one hand power dribble. Keep the ball closer to your body, really pounding the ball into the ground, keep arm bar up to protect the ball.
- Round 3: one hand speed and power dribble. Start out with speed dribble, switch to power dribble at midcourt, then back to speed dribble then back to power dribble at sideline. Do the same, speed dribble, then power dribble, then speed dribble, then power dribble coming back.
- Switch hands and repeat.
- Work to get your opportunities with 1 dribble.
- You don’t beat defenses with your dribble. You beat people with your feet; you SEPARATE from your defense with the dribble.
- Adjust the difficulty by using your strong hand to get used to the drill, then practice with your weak hand.
- Challenge yourself to perform the drill at optimum speed without sacrificing fundamentals.