Play Type: Transition Defense
This transition defense drill teaches players to play fast while focusing on offensive spacing and movement.
- Set up 5 cones at the end of the court
- The player who gets ball on defense must run around cone then get back to find an open man.
- The closest person to ball JAMS the dribbler.
- The next guard rotates to middle back.
- The post rotates to LOW HOLE.
- The diagonal back is covered by the other forward.
- 3 stops and the team wins.
Players must touch a cone while the game continues going to the other end. Just for a brief moment, the situation is 4o5 until the man down recovers and picks up their original man. Usually we go down, back, and down before the drill ends.
If you want cut down your turnovers, improve your passing, and develop a crisper, more effective offensive attack – then the Perimeter Skill Development Drillbook is just what your team needs!
Inside, you’ll discover 21 simple, fun and effective drills for shooting, passing, and ballhandling. You’ll get instant access to an entire season of practice ideas for every age and competitive level… from basic fundamentals to advanced in-game strategies and tactics.
Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!