Players work on the speed dribble, a fast moving dribble ideal for the fast break
- Have the players spread out and form 5 lines along the baseline
- Each player will need a ball
How it Works
- On the coach’s whistle, the first player in each line will push the ball out ahead of them with their right hand and speed dribble to half court.
- They will then touch the line and dribble back the same way, this time with the left hand.
- Next player in line takes off as soon as his team completes the drill.
- Players should push the ball out front and catch up to it so they can take multiple strides with each dribble.
- Make sure players keep ball at chest height and don’t switch hands as they are speed dribbling as this could cause them to lose control.
- It’s also important they keep their hand on top of the ball to avoid any risk of a carrying violation.