This drill focuses on good footwork and 1 on 1 moves to use in the triple threat.
How it Works
- Players form 3 lines on the baseline, each player with a ball.
- Player will then flip the ball out in front of them and to the side with some back spin, stepping into it and squaring up as if catching a pass.
- Player will then flip the ball out again, at 45 degrees in the opposite direction, catching and squaring up again.
- Players will continue, going down to halfcourt, and waiting for the rest of their teammates to finish.
- Going back down the other way, players will now catch, square up, and pump fake.
- For the final trip, players will catch, square up, and pump fake, sweep, and take a dribble forward.
- Make it harder: Combine moves – sweeps, pump fakes, jab steps.
- Make it easier: If players are having trouble stepping into the catch without travelling, have them perform a two foot jump stop.