Players learn to perform a proper pump fake on a defender
How it Works
- Start down on the left block, chinning the ball in a low, strong stance.
- Pivot inside with your right foot, selling the shot fake as you plant down.
- Step towards the hoop and around the defender with your right foot.
- Go up and strong off two feet and finish with the left hand.
- Secure the rebound and repeat.Â Make 5 from each side of the court.
- Don’t just step forward after the fake – imagine a defender jumping on the pump fake and step around him as you would in a game situation.
- Keep the plant foot down!Â Any dragging or slight movement will result in a travel call.