During the above video, you’ll learn about how to teach the pressure match-up zone basketball defense.
This basketball defense is on the cutting edge; there are new concepts that can help you with basketball game.
Some of the advantages of playing this type of basketball defense are:
- You can play it with a wide range of personnel.
- It allows your team to dictate the tempo of the game.
- It keeps your taller players under the basket for rebounding.
- It forces teams to score from the outside, and it shuts down the inside.
- It’s easier to run out of a match-up zone.
- It allows you to double team and rotate players more easily.
- It allows you to protect players in foul trouble.
- Many teams don’t play well against match-up basketball defense.
As a coach, do you tend to play this type of basketball defense? Leave your thoughts below!