Learning to score and defend on the break as well as hustle and battle for loose balls
- Players will form 3 lines at half court, with a coach in the middle holding a basketball
How it Works
- The coach will roll a ball towards the basket, with both players in the outside lines fighting to secure the ball.
- Once a player has won the ball, the player in the middle line will join the play as a trailer the offensive player can use.
- The play is dead after one shot, and the coach will start the next group.
- The offense must make a pass before scoring – this makes for a great opportunity to work on passing in transition.
- Great for assessing a players skills in transition on both offense and defense.
- The offense must score within five seconds or it is an automatic win for the defense.