One of the best ways for any team to create easy baskets is to get out in transition and attack the defense before they have a time to get set, and since the success of the ‘Seven Seconds or Less’ offense of the Steve Nash and Mike D’Antoni Suns, we have seen more and more teams at all levels of basketball adopt this philosophy, or some variation of it.
And while having a secondary or transition offense can boost the quality of shot that you get on each transition opportunity, if your players don’t understand the basics of transition basketball – run your lanes and pass the ball ahead – then it won’t matter how great your offense is.
The below drills will help teach those concepts into your players, so that every time a defensive rebound or turnover is created, they’ll know which lanes to get out to run into, where to headman the ball, and how to attack the defense when they’ve got a numbers advantage on the break.
If you’d like to get your transition skills on the fast track, check out the Fast Break Domination ebook package.
Transition Basketball Drills
- Transition Basketball Basics
- Running the Primary Fast Break (video)
- Running the Secondary Fast Break (video)
- 1-4 Press Break (video)
- 5 Essential Transition Offense Drills
- Turnover Fast Break Offense
- How To Get Quality 3 Point Shots In Transition
- Five Shooting Five Drill
- Laker 4 Man Drill
- The Hockey Drill
- Niagara Transition Drill
- Big Man Drill
- Rush Transition Defense Drill
- Fast Break Basics – Positional Responsibilities (video)
- Transition Circle Drill (video)
- Transition Circle Drill Part 2 (video)
- Grinnell Fast Break Drill (video)
- Layups with Chaser (video)
- Wolf Drill (video)
- 5 Pass Drill, PG Chase Drill
- Outlet Drill
- 4 Man Break
- 3 Man Weave Shooting Drills
- Live 5 on 5 Transition Offense Drill
- Celtic Passing Drill
The Fast Break Domination package includes 22 drills and plays to help you speed up the tempo, and get tons of easy buckets in transition. In no time at all, you can transform your team into a fast break powerhouse, and start dominating your opponents with a fast-paced style of play.
Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!