Play Type:“ “ Post Offense
This drill will help players gain the skills needed to flash after set screens, and become strong and accurate mid-range jumpers.
- Set up two post players, one on each block.
- Set up a passer on the wing, and a passer at the top of the key.
- The strong side post player will screen the weak side player, who is curling up top to the foul line area for a jumpshot.
- The screener is going to flash back to the same post he started at, and go up strong for a layup.
- The players will switch spots after every shot, with the first to score 11 winning the game.
- Either a set of sprints or pushups should be the penalty for a loss.
When your posts remember to flash, to either open spots on the floor or to the basket, it punishes the defense when they send the post’s defender out into extended help – a well-timed slip can often lead to lay-ups and wide-open jumpers. That’s why they need to be good mid-range shooters as well, it opens up lanes in the paint for the guards, and will get the posts easy baskets.
The Zone Offenses playbook is packed with 11 game-tested plays to help you break down ANY type of zone and get high percentage scoring opportunities.
In no time at all, your team can master these techniques and start eating zone defense for breakfast… even if you’re opponent is stronger, faster, or more experienced. Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!