Play Type:Â Â Shooting & Warm Up Drill
This is a quick training workout that your players can do to get warm and ready for game time or for a great practice.
- Set up 4 players in a line, with the first player holding a basketball and ready to move in to shoot the ball.
- Put two minutes on the clock. If at any point in time the ball drops in two minutes, you will start over.
- To start this tipping drill, your players must call everybodyâ€™s name out as they go. And you, the coach, are going to give the different command. Youâ€™re going to say â€œright hand,â€ â€œtwo hands,â€ â€œleft hand,â€ etc.
- Your playersâ€™ job is to keep tipping the ball off the board to each other, calling out his name as you tip it to him.
- Players may get behind, or he may trip and stumble, but youâ€™ve got to make sure that you are communicating tipping the ball as well as possible and giving them an opportunity to do it.
If you want cut down your turnovers, improve your ballhandling, and develop a crisper, more effective offensive attack – then the Perimeter Skill Development Drillbook is just what your team needs!
Inside, you’ll discover 21 simple, fun and effective drills for shooting, passing, and dribbling. You’ll get instant access to an entire season of practice ideas for every age and competitive level… from basic fundamentals to advanced in-game strategies and tactics.
Best of all, itâ€™s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital accessâ€¦ right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReaderâ€¦ from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!