Play Type: Offensive Play
This starts in a 2 guard front with a wing. And generally, 2 is out front and 4 is out on the corner of the basketball court.
- Dribble entry into the triangle. The only advantage to that is if he’s really denied hard, you’re probably going to have an easier time of feeding the post. So if you really want to get the ball into the block and you’ve got denial on the wing and you push them down, and plus, now you have your point guard who, on most teams, is the better passer on the floor, you have her making a decision. Number one, and her making the entry pass. The entire triangle is based on what happens on the second pass.
- Pass and fill. That’s the first pass. Nothing’s happening yet. The whole offense now is predicated on what happens next.
- The first option is the corner pass – throw the ball to the corner.
- So what we do next is look to get a pick and roll in the corner. We want to bring the center out and set a little back screen with a wing.
- Next, you must cut ball side. Because all we’re trying to do with this make the center’s man help a little bit.
- Make a good cut, get her off a little bit.
- Now when we go pick and roll, we’re not going to be able to hedge, because I just made her man help down there.
- You keep going all the way to the corner, but also keep looking for the ball. You can ease into the block a little.
- Next you’re going to spot up a little bit opposite on the line. Now what we’ve done is gotten a little better angle to set the screen in the corner.
- Now we have a good angle. We’re going to screen in the corner. And we’re just going to run pick and roll. We’re trying to come off and drive the lane. We don’t really take a whole lot of jumpers off this because we’re trying to drive the ball or get our person who’s rolling in.
- If you have a team that doesn’t like to guard your big people outside of the lane, use them as screeners. Because there’s no hedge, there’s no help, and you’re going to get a much better shot.
The 1-4 Offense Playbook package includes 26 outstanding plays to break down the defense and score easy baskets! In no time at all, you can transform your team into a offensive powerhouse, and start dominating your opponents with a fast-paced style of play.
Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!