This [tag]basketball shooting drill[/tag] will help reinforce the use of ball fakes as a tactic to create space for an open shot or drive.
• Player 1 stands underneath the basket with the ball. He is the rebounder/passer
• Player 2 stands at the left elbow, ready to catch and shoot
• Player 2 moves from the left elbow to the right elbow, where he receives the pass from Player 1
• Player 2 squares up, makes a pump fake, takes one dribble into the key and shoots a short jumper. Player 1 rebounds the shot and prepares to pass to Player 2 again
• Player 2 slides back across the key to the left elbow, where he receives the pass and repeats the pump fake, dribble, and shoot sequence
• Continue for allotted time or number of made shots, then rotate positions