This is one of my favorite basketball plays I use with my team.Â You’ll be amazed at how effective this is and it may become one of your favorite basketball plays as well.Â I call it the “Best Ever Opening Tip Play”.
- Start your 4 just beyond the tip circle in straight line to attacking basket.
- Your 1 and 2 are on the side of the circle wide.
- Your 3 is behind you in case you lose tip playing defense.
- Here’s where play starts.
- As soon as ref throws ball up the 1 and 2 immediately SPRINT straight to free throw line extended.
- As soon as ball is thrown up the 4 steps in front of the defender guarding him.
- The 5 gently taps the ball to the 4, who comes to the ball.
- The 4 pivots and throws a bounce pass to the 1 or 2, whichever is most open.
Works 80% of the time.Â Give it a try!