This is a drill I use to start your [tag]basketball practice[/tag]. You will be able to see ball handling improvement in all of your players, including the “bigs”.
Each set is down and back at a decent pace (fast as they can go and still handle the [tag]basketball[/tag]).
1. Down, IN AND OUT WITH RIGHT HAND, back IN AND OUT WITH LEFT HAND
2. Two dribbles, ACCELERATE WITH CROSSOVER, down and back
3. Two dribbles, ACCELERATE WITH BETWEEN THE LEGS, down and back
4. Two dribbles, BEHIND THE BACK, both ways, down and back
5. BETWEEN THE LEGS, BEHIND THE BACK–go behind the back immediately after going between the legs.
Players line up on the base line, send around 5 down and back, then the next group.
Do 3 sets of this and the improvements are immediate!
Want more coaching tips? Click here for a free step by step basketball practice planning template