This is a drill I use to start your [tag]basketball practice[/tag].Â You will be able to see ball handling improvement in all of your players, including the “bigs”.
Each set is down and back at a decent pace (fast as they can go and still handle the [tag]basketball[/tag]).
1. Â Down, IN AND OUT WITH RIGHT HAND, back IN AND OUT WITH LEFT HAND
2. Â Two dribbles, ACCELERATE WITH CROSSOVER, down and back
3. Â Two dribbles, ACCELERATE WITH BETWEEN THE LEGS, down and back
4. Â Two dribbles, BEHIND THE BACK, both ways, down and back
5. Â BETWEEN THE LEGS, BEHIND THE BACK–go behind the back immediately after going between the legs.
Players line up on the base line, send around 5 down and back, then the next group.
Do 3 sets of this and the improvements are immediate!
Want more coaching tips? Click here for a free step by step basketball practice planning template