Geat [tag]ballhandling[/tag] [tag]drill[/tag] to develop body control in your [tag]basketball players[/tag]- especially in the younger ones.
– Players stand, spread out across the court. Each player has a ball
– The drill leader stands facing his team, leading the team as they move in each direction simultaneously
• Player dribbles forward explosively for three bounces. He stops with a two foot jump stop, catching the ball in front of him.
• Repeat moving backward, to the left, and to the right
Points of Emphasis
– Stay under control as you strive for greater speed
– Try to “stop on a dime” without losing balance