This [tag]basketball shooting drill[/tag] will teach the importance of correct [tag]shooting form[/tag]. It is essential that these fundamentals are learned early in a players [tag]basketball[/tag] career.
• Player 1 stands two feet away from the basket, facing towards the rim
• The focus of this drill is the repetition of proper shooting form
• Holding the ball in one hand, the player begins with his knees bent and eyes on the rim
• Slowly, he brings the ball up, still in one hand, to shooting position and releases a soft high-arcing shot
• After making 3 shots consecutively, the player may take one step back
Points of Emphasis
• Slow deliberate action. High arc. Soft touch.