I was at practice last night and used this [tag]basketball[/tag] [tag]drill[/tag] that Ron sent to me on [tag]how to shoot a basketball[/tag]. Try it with your team!
We do a “Celtic” [tag]shooting[/tag] drill with our girls 2-3 a week and it has improved our game [tag]shooting stats[/tag]. Here’s how it works:
1. Split up your team 3-4 players at 6 baskets
2. Put 2 minutes on the clock to complete the drill
3. First shooter starts on Baseline (Must make 2 shots before moving to next spot)
4. Move to the Wing (make 2 shots)
5. Move to FT Line (make 2 shots), can shoot jumpers or free throws!
6. Move to Top of Key (make 2 shots)
7. Move to Opposite Wing (make 2 shots)
8. Move to Opposite Baseline (make 2 shots)
9. The first person to complete successfully wins, then go to next shooter
10. It is a competition between 6 shooters each round until everyone has shot
11. All winners get out of sprints or use some other reward!!
Hope this makes sense, our girls love this drill,