Play Type: Shooting Drill
This is a great shooting drill that teaches your players about facing the basket. If the player is right-handed, he/she is going to jump stop on two feet, make one sound, and then always pivot on their left foot.
- Begin facing the left side of the court
- Take 3 steps and then Jump Stop, pivot on the left foot to face the basket, and take a shooting or triple threat position.
- Hold that position until the coach says “Shoot”, and then follow through.
- Coach blows the whistle, and players will repeat to the right side of the court, taking 3 steps, Jump Stop and pivot on the left foot again, taking a shooting or triple threat position.
- Hold that position again, until the coach says “Shoot”, and follow through.
- Continue to repeat this sequence for 10 to 15 repetitions on a daily basis.
This drill only takes a couple of minutes to do every day, and it is invaluable to build these important fundamental skills and build good habits.
If you want cut down your turnovers, improve your ballhandling, and develop a crisper, more effective offensive attack – then the Perimeter Skill Development Drillbook is just what your team needs!
Inside, you’ll discover 21 simple, fun and effective drills for shooting, passing, and dribbling. You’ll get instant access to an entire season of practice ideas for every age and competitive level… from basic fundamentals to advanced in-game strategies and tactics.
Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!