This is a great [tag]basketball[/tag] [tag]shooting drill[/tag] that players can practice on their own. Perfect for young players who want to work on their game in their driveway or at the playground.
• Player stands under the basket with the ball
• Player tosses the ball with backspin toward the right corner within his shooting range
• Player sprints in front of the ball so that when it bounces he is facing the basket. Simulate receiving a pass from the wing or top of the key
• Player catches the ball and shoots. Made shots count for one point. Missed shots count for minus two points.
• If a player reaches five points, he “beats [tag]Michael Jordan[/tag]”. If he reaches minus five points, he “loses to Michael Jordan”