This [tag]basketball[/tag] [tag]offense drill[/tag] teaches the basic fundamentals of running a [tag]motion offense[/tag]. The emphasis is on proper screening and movement without the ball.
• On offense, Players 1 begins at the top of the key. Player 2 occupies the right wing, Player 3 occupies the left wing. Players 4 starts at the right block, and Player 5 at the left block.
• The defense matches up man to man
• Player 1 passes to Player 2, then runs across the set a screen for Player 3
• Player 3 cuts hard off the screen to the foul line, looking for an open jump shot
• If he is not open, he steps back and fills the spot at the top of the key
• Meanwhile, Player 4 screens away for Player 5.
• Player 5 cuts hard off the screen to the right block, looking to post up
• If he is not open, Player 2 swings the ball back to Player 3 and the offense continues
Points of Emphasis
• Good screens
• Hard cuts
• Good post ups etc.