This drill will help develop full court [tag]passing skills[/tag], teaching your players to pass, catch, and finish on the run. When running any [tag]passing drill[/tag], ensure your [tag]basketball[/tag] team communicates by calling out names.
-“ Player 1 starts with the ball on the right baseline
-“ Player 2 stands in the outlet area (on the three point line at a 45 degree angle from the basket)
1. Player 1 outlets the ball to Player 2
2. Player 2 dribbles the full length of the floor and converts the layup
3. Meanwhile, Player 1 has sprinted the length of the floor to the opposite foul line, turns around, heads back down the court, and looks for a long pass from Player 2
4. Player 2 gets his own rebound and throws a baseball pass to Player 1
5. Player 1 converts the layup. Player 2 sprints to reach Player 1’s rebound before it hits the floor.
Points of Emphasis
-“ Speed dribble up the court, pushing the ball ahead and sprinting full speed
-“ Call out “Ball!” and “Outlet!” to start the drill
-“ Convert all layups
-“ Time the baseball pass so the receiving player is running full speed to catch it