This [tag]passing drill[/tag] will teach your [tag]basketball players[/tag] how to pass under pressure using fakes to create open passing lanes.
– Player 1 and Player 2 stand 15 feet apart.
– Player 1 starts with the ball. Player 3 begins by guarding Player 1.
– The object of the drill is to pass the ball back and forth between Player 1 and Player 2.
– Player 3 guards whoever has the ball mirroring the ball and trying his best to deflect or intercept the ball
– When Player 1 successfully passes the ball to Player 2, Player 3 hustles over and begins guarding Player 2
– Rotate positions periodically
Points of Emphasis
– Use plenty of fakes, and step around the defensive player to make the pass (Fake high pass low, and fake low pass high work well)