This [tag]basketball[/tag] [tag]rebounding drill[/tag] will help teach players to rebound strong and finish around the basket. Emphasize that players keep the ball up above their heads so smaller defenders can not reach it.
• Player stands on the left side of the basket
• Player faces the basket and holds the ball above his head
• Player humps as high as he can and pounds the ball on the backboard without releasing it
• Player lands, then immediately jumps back up and converts a layup
• Player rebounds the ball out of the net, slides to the right side of the backboard, and repeats steps 1-3