Play Type:“ “ Transition Defense
Transition defense takes place during this drill, along with offensive spacing and movement. This drill also teaches players to play fast.
Players must touch a cone while the game continues going to the other end of the court. For a brief moment, the situation is 4 on 5 until the man down recovers and picks up their original man.
- 3 stops team wins
- The player who gets ball on defense must run around the cone then get back to find an open man
- The closest person to the ball JAMS the dribbler
- The next guard rotates to middle back
- The post rotates to LOW HOLE
- The diagonal back is covered by the other forward.
- In this drill, I would recommend going down, back, and down again before the drill ends.
The Fast Break Domination package includes 22 drills and plays to help you speed up the tempo, and get tons of easy buckets in transition. In no time at all, you can transform your team into a fast break powerhouse, and start dominating your opponents with a fast-paced style of play.
Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!