This [tag]basketball shooting drill[/tag] will teach your players to catch and shoot with precision. Ensure players start within their range. If 6 out of 10 or more shots are made, they will move back by 1 step.
• Player 1 stands under the basket and acts as the rebounder.
• Player 2 stands at the foul line, and acts as the passer
• Player 3 stands at the right wing, and acts as the shooter
• Player 1 and Player 2 each start in possession of the ball
• Player 3 begins by making a hard V Cut down to the baseline and popping back up ready to receive the ball from Player 2
• Player 2 chest passes to Player 3, who catches the ball, squares up and shoots the jump shot
• Meanwhile, Player 1 passes the second ball to Player 2, and rebounds the first shot by Player 3.
• After shooting, Player 3 runs back down to the baseline, and pops back up to receive his second pass, Player 2 feeds him, and Player 3 rebounds
• Repeat the drill for the allotted time, then rotate positions
Points of Emphasis
• Catch the ball low, with knees bent and hands up. Spring directly into your jumpshot, rather than dipping back down again before shooting
• Cut at full speed to simulate getting open in a game situation
• Towards the end of the drill, you’ll get tired. Maintain your concentration and form, continue to use your legs and follow through