Last week, I sent out a request for my newsletter subscribers to send in their best drills for [tag]skills of basketball[/tag]. Check out this one below sent in by Benny–great [tag]basketball[/tag] [tag]drill[/tag]!
Here is a drill that I use that works GREAT on [tag]conditioning[/tag], shooting, and passing, and [tag]defense[/tag] and [tag]offensive[/tag] skills.
I call it the UCLA drill:
- Start with 3 players at half court
- 2 Players on defense and“ 2 more players on defense at the other end of the court
- It moves like a fast break (3 on 2 )
- While the 3 offensive players are sprinting (like a fast break 3 on 2), A third defensive player runs from the sidelines at“ half court and touches the center of the court
- This makes the offensive rush to the whole and gives the drill a sense of game time speed
- Once the defense grabs the [tag]rebound[/tag], the players run a fast break to the 2 other defensive players on the opposite side of the court where the 2 defensive players were already placed earlier.
- Same drill on the way down, a third defensive player runs from the sidelines to the center of the court and then plays defense with the other 2
- The play keeps running and the 2 defensive players are the palyers on the wings.