Play Type: Defensive Drill
One of the most common plays you’ll see run from the stack is a baseline exchange between the two wings. With either the bigs setting screens for the wing players, or one wing player setting a screen for the other. That’s why this fake baseline play works so well, as with combined with the screen and roll action up top, the defense will have a very tough time covering all the options.
To start off, have your point guard set up at the top of the key, with your center and shooting guard on the left block, and your power forward and small forward on the right block.
- To start off, have your point guard set up at the top of the key, with your center and shooting guard on the left block, and your power forward and small forward on the right block.
- The point guard will then dribble over to the left wing. As this is happening, the small forward will step underneath the basket, settting a screen for the shooting guard.
- The shooting guard will then take two steps towards the screen, and v-cutting back out to the wing.
- The center will take his cue on the shooting guard’s movement, sprinting to set a ballscreen for the point guard back towards the middle of the key.
- As the center rolls to the hoop, the point guard will make the pass to the shooting guard coming up to the wing and drift out towards the opposite wing.
- The power forward will slide up to the right elbow, as well as the small forward, who will now release from his fake screen into the far corner.
The Fast Break Domination package includes 22 drills and plays to help you speed up the tempo, and get tons of easy buckets in transition. In no time at all, you can transform your team into a fast break powerhouse, and start dominating your opponents with a fast-paced style of play.
Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!