This is a essential basketball shooting drill for guards to ensure they don’t get in the habit of contantly receiving charging fouls or getting blocked.
– Player stands at the top of the key
– Player takes two hard dribbles to the basket
– Player makes a big step with his lead foot in order to get the defender to extend his stance
– Player jumps back as quickly as possible and shoots a quick jump shot
– Player repeats the drill from the left side of the court
Points of Emphasis
– This shot is essential for guards to have in their repertoire. Too often, players will go all the way to the basket and receive charging fouls or get blocked