This [tag]Defensive Drill[/tag] is a must for any basketball coach.
• Player obtains an inner tube or piece of elastic two to four inches wide and about twenty four inches long
• The ends must be tied to form a circle. He then slips the tube around his calves just above the ankles
• The tube should be tight enough so that that it is stretched fairly tightly when the players feet are twelve inches apart
• Player stands on the right side of the foul line, and assumes a good defensive stance
• Player step slides, using the stretch of the tube, and moves across the lane until he reaches the left end of the foul line
• Player then returns to the right side of the lane using the step slide technique
• The drill continues for the allotted time