Play Type: Pre-Game Warm Up
This is a great movement drill that focuses on passing, dribbling, jump stops and lay-ups.
- Set up three lines.
- The line in the corner’s going to have the basketballs.
- First, we’re going to make a good outlet pass, a nice two-hand pass, and our target is going to run to the middle of the two lines.
- Our target is going to receive the pass back and throw it to the top line.
- Once he catches it, the two guys are going to attack the basket.
- The target will drive it hard to the free throw line and stop right there.
- The man who passed it now is going to go to the end of the line, and he’s going to get off the floor.
- Those two players are going to, again, attack the basket.
- He’s going to drive it hard to the free throw line, come to a two-foot jump stop.
- He’s going to be cutting to the basket for a lay-up.
When the shooter goes, you may want to come by, give your guy a little high-five, tell him, “Nice job” or whatever. Maybe he missed a lay-up. Tell him to keep working on concentrating or whatever it is. It’s a good opportunity to give some positive strokes to each player as they come by. Encourage them every chance you get. Let them know how important it is that they look sharp in pregame drills, getting ready for your big game.
If you want cut down your turnovers, improve your ballhandling, and develop a crisper, more effective offensive attack – then the Perimeter Skill Development Drillbook is just what your team needs!
Inside, you’ll discover 21 simple, fun and effective drills for shooting, passing, and dribbling. You’ll get instant access to an entire season of practice ideas for every age and competitive level… from basic fundamentals to advanced in-game strategies and tactics.
Best of all, it’s delivered in PDF format, so you can get instant digital access… right over your computer screen, smartphone, tablet, or eReader… from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection!