This fun [tag]basketball[/tag] [tag]transition drill[/tag] is usually a player favorite. Focus on moving the ball up the court by passing, not dribbling. Ensure that the two man [tag]defense[/tag] [tag]plays[/tag] a tandem formation with one player at the foul line and the other underneath the basket.
– Begin with three lines evenly spaced across the baseline, similar to a three man weave
– On the opposite side of the court, place two defensive players. One standing under the basket, one at the foul line
– Begin in a three man weave
– Once the ball reaches halfcourt, it becomes a live game of three on two
– The play continues until the ball is scored, rebounded, or turned over
– The offensive player who last touched the ball (made shot, missed shot, or turnover) sprints back to the opposite end of the court. He is now on defense. The two other offensive players remain
– The two players who were originally on defense now come back up the court and attempt to score. It becomes a live game of two on one
– The play continues until the ball is scored, rebounded, or turned over.
– The drill restarts with the next three offensive players in line
Points of Emphasis
– Attempt to score quickly (3 passes or less), simulating a real fast-break situation
– Move the ball up the court by passing, not dribbling
– Talk on defense