This [tag]basketball shooting drill[/tag] will help prepare players for game like [tag]shooting[/tag] skills. Emphasize correct footwork and ensure that players receive the ball with knees bent and hands up, ready to shoot.
• Player 1 stands underneath the basket with the ball. He is the rebounder/passer
• Player 2 stands at the left elbow, ready to catch and shoot
• Player 2 moves from the left elbow to the right elbow, where he receives the pass from Player 1
• Player 2 squares up, plants his inside foot, and shoots. Player 1 rebounds the shot and prepares to pass to Player 2 again
• Player 2 slides back across the key to the left elbow, where he receives the pass and shoots
• Continue for allotted time or number of made shots, then rotate positions