Use this [tag]basketball[/tag] [tag]press break[/tag] to attack a 2-2-1 press, 1-3-1-1 press, or a 1-2-2 press. The key is getting the ball to the middle of the floor and looking downcourt for players cutting to the basket.
• Defense plays any kind of [tag]zone press[/tag] (2-3, 1-2-1-1, 2-1-2 etc.)
• Players 1-5 attempt to [tag]break the press[/tag] • Player 4 inbounds the ball
• Players 1 and 2 begin at the elbows
• Player 3 and 5 begin at halfcourt
• Player 1 sets a screen for Player 2, then rolls toward the ball
• Player 4 inbounds the ball to Player 1, then takes a few steps inside the baseline
• Players 1, 2, and 4 form a triangle in the backcourt, with Player 4 slightly back of the two guards
• Player 1 looks up the court. The weak side forward (Player 3) cuts to the middle of the court, looking for the ball. If he is open, Player 1 hits him with the pass and moves up the court
• If the forward is not open, Player 1 reverses the ball back through Player 4. Player 4 swings it to Player 2.
• This time Player 5 cuts to the middle of the court, looking for the ball. Again, if he is open, Player 2 hit him with the pass and moves up the court
• If the forward is not open, Player 2 reverses the ball back through Player 4. The ball is continually reversed until the press is broken by hitting the cutter in the middle of the court