It’s a good idea to spend some time during basketball practice going over the team’s various positions.
In this video, you’ll learn about the center—his responsibilities and goals.
The center is the team’s last line of defense. He is the intimidator; intimidation can be a great tool for players.
- He clogs up the middle and is typically your best shot blocker.
- The center shouldn’t try to block their own opponent’s shot
- The center wants to take the baseline option away and create a wall.
- If the player is right-handed, the center should contest the shot with his left hand. It’s important for the center to learn to contest with both hands.
- The center makes sure to force their man outside of the paint area.
- He’s there to plug up the inside on penetration and keep others from getting to the basket easily.
Do you agree that it’s a good idea to go over the various roles and responsibilities during basketball practice? Why or why not? Sound off in the comments below!