Players learn to properly execute a bounce pass.
Players pair off and line up across from each other in the lane area. Each player should be on the edge of the lane. One player has a ball.
How it Works
- Player with ball bounce passes to the other player.
- They take turns passing the ball back and forth using a bounce pass.
- Start with the right-hand bounce pass, then move on to the left-hand bounce pass.
- Rule of thumb – work weak hand three times more than strong hand.
- Go low and long when making the bounce pass. The ball should travel two-thirds of the way in the air.
- Step forward and turn their wrist over on the throw.
- Follow through with your passing hand extended and fingers pointed.
- Practice faking a high pass, then stepping around an imaginary defender to make a bounce pass.
- “Fake a pass, make a pass”