Partners need to work in unison for this drill to work. That’s why it’s a good team-builder!
- Line up 3 to 5 feet from your partner.
- Each of you has two basketballs.
How it Works
- Start out by rhythm dribbling all four balls in unison. Partner A dribbles the balls outside his body, one on each side. Partner B dribbles the balls outside his body.
- When you’re ready, say “switch”.
- Pass both basketballs to the other payer, keeping the outside balls on the outside and the inside balls on the inside.
- Catch your partner’s ball and continue rhythm dribbling.
- When you’re ready, say “switch!” and complete another exchange.
- Repeat for 30 seconds.
- Watch your partner so that you both pass at the same time.
- Make it easier: Have players set the balls on the court and roll them to each other on a count of 3.
- Make it harder: Allow only one rhythm dribble between each exchange.