In this drill, players dribble over chairs while wearing garden gloves, to build better ballhandling skills.
- Arrange six chairs or tall cones on the court in two rows of three.
How it Works
- Start in front of the first cone, with your body turned sideways and the ball in your right hand.
- Dribble up to the first obstacle in a side shuffle, using two low dribbles.
- When you reach the first obstacle make one high dribble over it then continue to the second obstacle.
- Make two low dribbles, then one high dribble to complete each of the second and third obstacles in the same fashion.
- Switch to your left hand, and complete the fourth, fifth and sixth obstacles coming back the other way.
- Use your finger tips to control the ball, not your palm.
- Keep your hand on top of the ball. Don’t “carry” the ball over the chairs.
- Make it easier: Go over the seat part of the chairs.
- Make it harder: Turn the chairs so that the high part or the back of the chair is facing you so you have to dribble over it.