In today’s blog post, I would like to talk a little bit about the benefits of a tempo control offense.
Benefits of a Tempo Control Offense
From an offensive perspective, most of us do not have the luxury of having superior talent year in and year out. There are some lean years in between the peaks and the valleys concerning talent. So as a coach’s obligation, you have a responsibility to give your team the best opportunity to win.
- A tempo control offense shortens the game tremendously and gives your team an opportunity to be victorious each and every game night by the following methods.
- It maximizes each and every one of your offensive possessions. In other words, you will be taking shots at point blank range and, if you so choose, burn some serious clock in the process.
From a defensive perspective, most coaches are dissatisfied with their team’s ability to defend, rebound, foot speed, and the such. This offense can help neutralize your inability to play sound defense each and every possession.
- This is an unconventional attack. Most teams today choose to execute or implement the flex style offense, motion style offense.
- This offense is extremely simple and easy to implement. And it can be incorporated at all levels of your program, from junior high on up to the varsity level.
- The tempo control offense is extremely effective against hard-nosed defenses and sagging style containment defenses. There are counters and adjustments that can be easily tweaked and incorporated if you choose to implement this offensive tack.
- This offense is applicable to teams with any type personnel. For instance, if you have a small team, a slow team, a big team, a short team, whatever the case may be, this offense can coincide with that particular type of personnel.
Looking for more great tips for implementing a tempo control offense?“ Then be sure to chec k out my drills and practice plans online video series, with complete breakdowns of many basketball drills and concepts. And don’t forget to Like Us on Facebook!