To work on passing, catching and communication
- 3 Players grab a ball and form a triangle
How it Works
- One player counts out “1, 2, Pass!” and simultaneously all 3 players will make a bounce pass to the player to their left
- Players repeat, continuing to pass to their left
- After a couple of minutes, have players switch directions, and pass to their right
- Make to mix in some variety and have players work on chest passes, flick passes and overhead passes as well
- Players should be catching the ball in triple threat position.
- To begin, you may need to slow the drill down and ensure players are using the correct fundamentals before doing the drill at full speed.
- Remember, “ball in the air, feet in the air”. This means that players should be catching on a jump stop, or by stepping into the catch – watch out for travels!